Saturday, July 17, 2010

Now Boarding

In less than 24 hours, I will be two feet on the ground in Port-au-Prince. There's always a bit of anxiety before a big trip like this; like going to college, its another step out on my own. There's a lot that I don't quite know what to expect, but I do know who is picking me up from the airport, so I should be fine. In my experience, the anticipation of the days prior to departure are the most difficult. I'm as prepared as I can be, so let's go!

Its tough leaving my family and all the people that I care about. But it is precisely because of all of you that I am able to do this. The financial support that has been generously given, as well as the advice, friendship, prayer, and emotional support from all my family and friends are what has allowed me to embark on this adventure, and I am sincerely grateful. I really could not do this without y'all, and I hope I do justice on your behalf.

A few notes about communication:
Latest word is that internet at the orphanage isn't working, and they're not sure when it will be up. So if the blog posts are slow, be patient. Apparently, cell phones are the most reliable form of communication, and I will have both my US phone, and a Haitian cell number.

No comments:

Post a Comment